Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Painting a wall


I have asked Shira and Roseri to help me see what they are looking at. After much back and forth they have agreed to guide me through a painting exercise.
***
I chose a wall in the den. The first thing that they said to do was to put some clouds on the wall. So I did and took them pictures. "Too fluffy", "not stormy enough", "too high", "too dark", they would say after each iteration.
***
This is the 14th iteration and they say that I am getting close. A little more white in some spots and a little more dark in other spots.
***
My concern is that the clouds look too low in the scene. The clouds should be higher so that the scene can take up more of the view don't you think? I know I don't have any readers (sorry, I guess I have one - you) but I will put the question out there anyway to all of my painter friends and critics: "isn't the perspective wrong?"

2 comments:

Time Faerin said...

So, it appears that while no humans are reading this blog, my faes are. So, I will speak for the faes.
They told me that the clowds are not too low at all. It appears that they truly are riding the 'shrooms to watch their other dimensional world's events and that much of the time they watch from a distance in the sky so that they can see the action of big events.
They also "come in close" but they wanted me to paint the overview of a very important event first.
They also told me to turn off my left brain and just let them work through visions in my right brain.
Ok, I will move on.

Anonymous said...

Well said.